Kittybingo.com is an online gaming operator licenced by the UK gambling commission. The UK gambling commission requires by law that all operators adhere to the responsible gaming code. As part of the responsible gaming code every operator is required to verify the identity of their players. This is done for three main reasons:
- to check you are old enough to gamble
- whether you have previously self-excluded from gambling
- to confirm your identity
We are also required by law to verify our players’ accounts once they’ve reached a certain level of activity by requesting Source of Funds or Source of Wealth documentation.
These checks are known as Customer Due Diligence (CDD).
What is Customer Due Diligence and why do I need to verify my identity/account?
Customer Due Diligence (CDD) is the process through which organisations verify certain information about a customer (“Know Your Customer”). This allows us to ensure the safety and security of our players, which is very important to us. It also enables us to combat a range of risks, such as identity fraud and money laundering.
The CDD process starts as soon as you register a new account with us and also takes place periodically during the lifetime of your membership in order to meet our licencing requirements.
This is in line with UK legislation to which all UK operators must adhere and which, as a socially responsible business, we fully support.
How do I verify my identity?
This is usually done through an automated system which compares the account details you have provided against public records and databases. This takes place during and after you register your account with us.
In the event the automatic verification proves to be inconclusive for some reason or another, the process is repeated manually. To do this, we will ask you to provide us with documentation that can be used to verify your identity.
I’VE BEEN ASKED TO PROVIDE DOCUMENTATION TO VERIFY MY IDENTITY – WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I NEED TO SEND?
Please provide one of each of the following:
- A clear copy of a form of personal identification – you only need to send one:
- Valid Passport
- ID Document
- Driver’s Licence
- A recent utility bill not older than 3 months showing your name and address – this must match the details you used to register your kittybingo.com account.
Under certain circumstances, we may also request a copy of the front and back of the payment card registered on your kittybingo.com account. If we request this, please follow the below guidelines to ensure the safety of your documents:
- On the FRONT of your card blank out the middle card numbers only leaving the first 6 and last 4 digits visible.
- On the BACK of your card blank out the CVC or CVV number.
- On the BACK of your card blank out the middle card numbers only leaving the first 6 and last 4 digits visible.
- On the BACK of your card blank out the “reverse embossed debit card digits.
- If you are using a PC to access your account, we recommend the use of Microsoft Paint for blanking out the required fields specified above. Once the documents fit our requirements, you can save the pictures by selecting “256 Color Bitmap” from the drop-down menu.
- If you are using your smartphone or tablet to access your account, you can simply take a picture of the document and save it as JPEG or PNG.
WHERE/HOW DO I SEND MY DOCUMENTS SECURELY?
We understand that you might feel uneasy about sending us your personal information, but it is nothing to worry about. It simply helps us verify who you are and that you can support your gambling activity, so you can get on with the more exciting business of playing.
Simply scan your documents and send them to us at email@example.com
Please note: we accept scanned copies of documents but reserve the right to request originals in some circumstances.
If you are unable to send your documents via email, you can post them to us at the following address:
PO Box 66731
If you need any help with this, our Customer Support team is here to assist you 24/7.
HOW DO I KNOW MY INFORMATION IS SAFE AND SECURE?
What happens if I do not provide you with the information/documentation that you have requested?
Please be aware that if you do not provide us with requested information/documentation, we may have to place some restrictions on your account, in line with UK Gambling Regulations.
These may include being unable to deposit or access games and/or may result in the closure of your account. If you have provided all the relevant documentation when requested to do so by kittybingo.com you will not be required to submit additional information or documents when requesting a withdrawal.
Kittybingo.com does not like to delay any customer's withdrawals, but we have to comply with our licence conditions by completing due diligence checks on our customers.
Once you have provided us with the required documents and these have been successfully verified, you will be able to resume your playing activity.
I’m still not sure about this. Who can I talk to about it?
If you have any further questions about this process, please don’t hesitate to contact Customer Support or your VIP manager.
Where can I find more information?
You can find more information about Customer Due Diligence and identity verification requirements, at www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk.